Congressional Art Competition
Congressman Lipinski is currently accepting submissions for the 2013 Congressional Art Competition for high school students in the Third Congressional District of Illinois. The competition is open to all high school students who reside in the Third District, and the winning entry will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year. The winner will also receive two roundtrip tickets to travel to Washington, D.C., in June for the exhibition opening. The runner-up will have their artwork displayed in Congressman Lipinski's Washington, D.C., office for one year.
Entry pieces must be received at the Congressman’s District offices in Chicago (6245 S. Archer Ave.), Oak Lawn (5309 W. 95 Street), Lockport (222 East 9th Street), or Orland Park (14700 S. Ravinia Ave.) by April 15, 2013 or a high resolution file may be E-mailed to Krsto.Culafic@mail.house.gov.
If you have any questions, please contact the Congressman’s Washington, D.C., office at (202) 225-5701. The winning artist will be notified in early May and the exhibition opening will be in June in Washington, D.C.
All submissions must include the Student Information & Release Form.
- All artwork must be two-dimensional
- Each piece can be no larger than 28” x 28” x 4” including the frame
- If the winning piece is not framed, the artist will be required to frame the artwork within the sizing guidelines
- Artwork cannot weigh more than 15 pounds.
Accepted media for artwork are as follows:
- Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
- Prints: lithographs, silk screen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two media such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-Generated Art
- Each entry must be completely original and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws
- Winning artwork will be on display in Washington for one year and will not be available to be returned to the winner during that period
Best of luck to all the entrants!