Congressional Art Competition
Congressman Dan Lipinski (IL-3) is accepting submissions from all high school students in the Third Congressional District of Illinois for the 2017 Congressional Art Competition.
The winning entry will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year, and the winner will receive two round-trip tickets to travel to Washington, D.C., in June for the exhibition opening. Runners-up will have their artwork prominently displayed in Congressman Lipinski's offices for one year.
All submissions must include the Student Information and Release Form.
· All artwork must be two-dimensional
· Each piece can be no larger than 28” x 28” x 4” including the frame
· If the winning piece is not framed, the artist will be required to frame the artwork within the sizing guidelines
· Artwork cannot weigh more than 15 pounds
· Each entry must be completely original and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws
· Winning artwork will be on display in Washington for one year and will not be available to be returned to the winner during that period
· Accepted media for artwork are as follows:
o Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
o Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
o Prints: lithographs, silk screen, block prints
o Mixed Media: use of more than two media such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
o Computer-Generated Art
All entries must be received at one of the Congressman’s district offices, located in Chicago (6245 South Archer Ave.), Lockport (222 East 9th Street), Oak Lawn (5210 West 95th Street, Suite 104), and Orland Park (14700 South Ravinia Ave.) by Friday, April 14, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact the Congressman’s Chicago office at (773) 948-6223, or go online to lipinski.house.gov. The winning artists will be notified in early May.
- General Congressional Art Competition Information (02/29/1607:05 PMET )
- 2016 Student Release Form (02/29/1606:49 PMET )
- 2016 Art Competition Rules and Regulations for Students and Teachers (02/29/1606:47 PMET )